the Soup Lady
In January of 2014, I began a homemade soup service for friends. It was a direct outgrowth of the Meatless Monday dinner/classes I’ve been running (for 5 years from my kitchen in Verona) and the frequent requests for purchase of my soups. (Click here for Meatless Monday info) I’ve always had a love affair with soup and believe in its power to engender love, while providing comfort alongside of healthy sustenance.
I make lots of different soups, many of which are specifically seasonal. Additionally, I offer stews & burgers a few times a month, for $12 – $16, and have recently expanded to include more foods and “The Fridge” – fresh salad entrees & grain dishes in warmer weather.
I offer 2 soups a week, for $10 – $12 a quart. All foods are made from the same high quality ingredients I use for myself. As often as possible they contain organic and local vegetables (~70% of my vegetables/ingredients are organically grown) and freshly prepared legumes, not canned. As often as possible I use seasonal, local organic produce, and am a member of John Kruegar’s NJ Organic CSA, Circlebrook Farms. Most of my soups are vegan/gluten free, the rest, other than the organic chicken soups, are vegetarian. (Occasionally I make stews with organically raised meats.) The soups will cycle around a few times seasonally through my “44 week year”.
Every Friday morning you will receive the upcoming weeks’ soup/food offerings with all the ingredients. Then you will have until midnight Sunday evening to place your order. Soups will be made and frozen, and on Thursday be ready for pick or delivery. Logistic information will be provided when you order. Exact cash, check, or Venmo app is accepted. Special arrangements may be made for pickup times or day, if needed, upon request.
Delivery is available
• Up to 10 minutes from my home, $1 extra per quart
• 11 -15 minutes from my home, $2 extra per quart
• 16 – 20 minutes from my home, delivery is possible with a minimum order of $50, plus a $10 delivery charge. I am happy to store frozen food selections for you until you meet the minimum.
Some of the soups & foods I made last year:
- Roasted summer corn chowder
- Cold summer borscht
- Yogurt & cucumber w/almonds & cilantro
- Lentil & butternut squash w/ spinach
- Brazilian black bean
- Curried butternut squash & roasted parsnip
- Basque pumpkin
- Spicy coconut, sweet potato & collards
- Mama Bear’s organic chicken vegetable
- Wild mushroom & spinach soup
- Chili NON carne w/pumpkin & Organic beef chili
- Red lentil. coconut. orange w/ spinach
- Irish Spring pea & coriander
- Vegan Moroccan Stew
- French lentil salad w/ roasted peppers, feta & mint